- May 02, 2017
The Tayler Studios are looking to hire a passionate and flexible junior florist to join our team. Applicant must be well presented, organised and energetic, with a good understanding of floral design principles and product knowledge.
We are looking for a creative individual who will be committed to our brand, flexible by nature, is professional and has exemplary customer service skills.
- Proven experience in either retail or event floristry *
We may make exceptions for candidates if they have no prior experience, if they have a recognised floristry qualification & subject to a trial.
- Ability to change roles quickly and work to a time scale
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability to work as team member but also work confidently independently
- Flexibility to work Week Days and/or Weekends (This may include Sundays for events)
- Basic Floristry Qualifications
- Good IT skills
- Must be discreet and respectful ( We pride ourselves on having strict client confidentiality)
- Excellent command of English ( both written and spoken)
Job Roles :
- To assist in conditioning flowers and other prep work including washing vases, tools
- To prep items for events such as tool boxes, prepare containers with oasis, greening up
- Watering and tending to plants
- Maintaining Stationary & gift wrapping stocks
- Making bouquets & arrangements for shop sale
- Assisting the florists with make up work for weddings and events
- Ensuring the boutique is tidy and clean
- You may be left alone to cover the shop for short periods of time whilst the Directors make deliveries or are conducting site visits with clients.
- Accompanying Directors on site visits to take notes/measurements/photographs
- Assisting with set up of displays for events & weddings and dressing clients homes (appearance ( Taylers approved uniform) and professional behaviour must be applied to each of these situations)
- Serving customers and hosting clients at the boutique — this includes making refreshments & assisting clients to their vehicles etc with purchases.
- Accompanying Directors on buying trips from wholesalers.
How to Apply :
Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including a short portfolio of your most recent work.
At least one references (from past employers or a college tutor )
A covering lettering including a brief outline of how you best suit this role.