- May 02, 2017
The Tayler Studios have an exciting opportunity for a work experience placement for floristry students looking to further their understanding and experience of a florist environment. There may also be the opportunity of progression to join our team of freelance staff if our criteria is met during your placement with us. Applicant must be well presented, organised and energetic, and ideally a basic understanding of floral design principles and product knowledge.
We are looking for a creative individual who will be committed to our brand, flexible by nature, is professional and has exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to change roles quickly and work to a time scale
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability to work as team member but also work confidently independently
- Flexibility to work Week Days and/or Weekends (This may include Sundays for events)
- Basic Floristry Qualifications or studying for an arts/floristry qualification would be ideal, but we will consider candidates who show similar artistic abilities.
- Good IT skills
- Must be discreet and respectful ( We pride ourselves on having strict client confidentiality)
- Excellent command of English ( both written and spoken)
Job Roles :
- To assist in conditioning flowers and other prep work including washing vases, tools
- To prep items for events such as tool boxes, prepare containers with oasis, greening up
- Watering and tending to plants
- Maintaining Stationary & gift wrapping stocks
- Making bouquets & arrangements for shop sale – dependent upon your ability.
- Assisting the florists with make up work for weddings and events
- Serving customers & hosting clients at the boutique – this includes making refreshments & assisting clients to their vehicles etc with purchases.
- Ensuring the boutique is tidy and clean
- You may be left alone to cover the shop for short periods of time whilst the Directors make deliveries or are conducting site visits with clients.
- Accompany Directors on site visits to take notes/measurements/photographs
- Assisting with set up of displays for events & weddings and dressing clients homes (appearance ( Taylers approved uniform) and professional behaviour must be applied to each and all of these situations)
- Accompanying Directors on buying trips from wholesalers.
How to Apply :
Please send your CV to email@example.com including a short portfolio of your most recent work.
At least one references (from past employers or a college tutor )
A covering lettering including a brief outline of how you best suit this role.