- January 22, 2018
Double H Nurseries Ltd (New Milton) New Product Developer
We have an exciting role within our development team for a Product Developer.
We have an exciting role within our development team for a Product Developer. Our Team of creative experts are market leaders in Horti trend forecast and product design. Our Product development team is first to market in consumer lead pot-plant development.
NPD plays essential part in maintaining our market leading position in retail industry. If you would like to be a part of new product development and see your hard work on the high street shelves, this could be just the opportunity for you.
Basic salary £20,000k-£23,000; Car Parking on site; 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays; Working Hours - Mon to Fri 7.30am to 4.30pm, with flexibility to cover seasonal peaks in workload and off-site meetings.
You are eager to learn with a creative flair, have the passion and drive to excel in this role. Successful candidate should be able to work in the team and work alongside Account Manager. You should be able to work to a deadline and quickly react to customer demand.
A background in floristry, art, design, photography or marketing would be critical for this role. Plant knowledge and commercial knowledge would also be desirable. Degree in design would be advantageous. Previous work experience in similar role preferred.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a busy fast-moving team environment, and have the ability to focus on the daily tasks within new product development which ultimately results in timely customer development. Working with high street retailer to deliver product range in timely and efficient manner, working to a brief as well as creating your own brief. Understanding of basic commercials is essential to develop new range within the budget. You will possess good verbal and written communication in addition to a natural aptitude towards design, colours and detail. You will have great attention to details and be interested in design and plants. Driving licence is essential.
• High levels of self-organisation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate high levels of initiative
• Effective coordinator
• Strong communication skills
• Able to handle pressure to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and able to multi-task handling multiple priorities
• Excellent attention to detail
• Professional appearance and behaviour
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Team player
• Supplier sample requests and briefs
• Customer communications
• Specification creation
• Trend gathering and forecasting
• Product range mapping
• Pitching new products to customer
• Visiting suppliers and trend shows in UK and abroad
• Updating business with product development process on weekly basis
• Updating account manager with component prices, requesting quotes from suppliers
• Utilise company tools/software to keep records of product development
You may be asked to meet with our customers both at New Milton and their offices to set up presentation for our products pitch into the high street supermarkets.
Double H is a market leading producer and supplier of flowering plants to the big brand high street retailers, with a top-class service and innovation reputation.
Double H is a gold standard investor in people and lives to the following core values, Being Family, Quality Core, Growing Future Possibilities. If you think that you could help us to live these values and help grow our business we will be delighted to hear from you.